Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Peanut Butter Blossoms with Hearts

Peanut Butter cookies are delightful. Peanut Butter cookies with chocolate kisses are adorable, but a little more difficult to eat - unless, like me, you just remove and eat the kiss and then move on to the rest of the cookie. However, I've found a solution! Introducing, the peanut butter blossom with chocolate hearts.

Photo from Pinterest
My original intent of making these cookies with the heart chocolates was just to be a little more cutesy in honor of Valentine's Day (which, by the way, if you have forgotten is tomorrow!). But, what I discovered was something so much better than anything that I would just make for Valentine's Day.

I, honestly, did not use the blog for my recipe. Since, the blog calls for peanut butter cookie mix from a box, I decided to go with my own version and used my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook and went with their Peanut Butter Blossoms recipe and substituted the kisses for hershey hearts.






These were such a treat! I plan on making them again for certain. All of the chocolate pretty much melted (and then re-solidified) and they are absolutely terrific.


The cookie doesn't hug the chocolates quite like it does in the Pinterest picture, but it worked. Even when the chocolate was cooled, the cookie and the chocolate were more like one, rather than being able to pull them apart and they truly were wonderful.



However, a cautionary tale awaits you: if you have a toddler who has had the privilege of trying these cookies, be sure to remove all ability he (or she) may have to climb up to retrieve more of said cookies and poke at many of the hearts leaving beautiful smudged up cookies to be eaten by only your immediate family as you would not want to share your toddler's love of chocolate...art... with anybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment