Saturday, February 9, 2013

Avalanche Bars

Photo from Pinterest
One of my favorite snacks to get at the mall is an avalanche bar from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. Oh-so crumptious! It's a little like a rice krispie treat and a little like a white chocolate reeses peanut butter cup all rolled into one. So very very tasty. However, I try to get them as I'm leaving the mall or my best efforts for finding that perfect top or those to-die-for jeans (do they even make those?) will be thwarted as I try them on only to discover how unfortunately heavy I feel after eating such a delightful sweet. All that aside, I will continue to eat them, because they are just that good. 

Needless to say, when I discovered I could make these divine morsels on my own for a fraction of the cost, I jumped at the opportunity. To find out how to make them, you'll want to check out this blog


I just gotta say, these turned out just as good as the ones from Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory, maybe just a wee bit more peanut buttery, but very, very tasty. The only thing I would change is not adding the chocolate chips on as a garnish. They just make it harder to eat and is a little bit messier. But, still, worth having!

If you've never tried an avalanche bar, I would highly recommend them; especially if you like peanut butter, marshmallow and rice krispie treats. Yum-o!

Now if you'll excuse me; they seem to be calling my name.


Oh, and P.S. - these are also very good frozen. Stick 'em in the freezer and they'll last even longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment