- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (8 oz) can of tomato sauce (not paste!)
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans (or your choice, these are just my favorites)
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can corn
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- Chili Powder (I don't measure this, probably about a tablespoon - but just to taste)
- Cumin to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Right now, I am going dairy and soy free, and as long as you don't add cheese - this meal can be that for you as well! It's tasty, comfort food at its finest. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do. I generally make corn bread to go with this meal, but I didn't this time, so it's not very fancy looking. But that's ok. It still tastes super.
PS - have you tried the slow-cooker liners yet? They are truly amazing! I mean, seriously. They are incredible. You can make a pot of chili, throw away the liner and never have to scrub your slow cooker again! It's awesome! If you are interested in getting them, check them out here.