Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Melt In Your Mouth Crockpot Cube Steak

Recently we purchased a quarter of a grass-fed cow. This has been a great decision. The quality of the meat we have been eating is superb. This meat needs very little seasoning; it is so flavorful!

However, the only problem with getting a whole quarter cow is you don't get to pick just the cuts that you want. Not that this is a huge problem; it has challenged us to try new dishes. One of the cuts we have an awful lot of is cube steak. So, naturally I went to Pinterest for some recipes. Here is one of many, the Crockpot Cube Steak and Gravy. It is delish and easy.


I was excited by the throw it in, set it and forget it easiness of this meal. No stirring, nothing. It was terrific. As thepost-itplace's blog says, the dish does not look good at all, but it's easy to look past that once you take a bite. 

I know...this looks disgusting, but I wanted you to see what it would look like when it was done. It looks horrible. But it tastes delectable. 

My mom, my husband and I all ate this. My nephew (who I had the fortunate blessing of having with me for the afternoon) and my son were not quite as daring.  The three of us (daredevils) enjoyed it and  wouldn't mind eating it again.

The meat was tender, though not quite as juicy as I would've liked. Having the gravy from the crockpot drizzled over it made it extra yummy. My mom said this was very much like a pot roast in the flavor and texture, and I think I'd agree with that assessment. It didn't seem to need much seasoning, it carried itself (with the gravy). I will definitely be making this again sometime. 

I hear cube steak is some of the cheaper steak to buy as well, so...that could make this dish even more satisfying: more bang for your buck! 



No comments:

Post a Comment