Friday, February 1, 2013

Crockpot Italian Chicken - The Popular Pinterest Post

I have seen almost all of my friends on Pinterest post about this recipe, and rightfully so. It really is a scrumptious dish. I have made this multiple times and it is on our home menu at least every month or so.


I had never actually gone to the blog for the Crockpot Italian Chicken because the directions are in the description of the pin - but for the sake of this blog, I did go to it when making the recipe this time. The picture actually doesn't look as good on the blog as it does on Pinterest either. Weird.

The only difference I noticed between the actual blog recipe and the Pinterest description was whether to combine the cream cheese & cream of chicken soup in a pot on low heat or just throw it into the crockpot. I generally just throw it in the crockpot. This time, I followed the recipe and didn't notice a difference, so next time I will just leave out the dirtying up of more dishes and put them directly in as I have done before.

I would also recommend, rather than leaving it to cook for 4 hours on low as recommended by the blog, is to cook it on high for 1 hour and then turn it down to low. I've been told by a professional chef that you always should cook meat on high for the first hour, if at all possible. So, if you can, cook it on high for an hour, turn it to low for at least 3 - but according to the blog, you can leave it in there on low for all day if you want! Sweet deal.

This picture actually doesn't look anything like the picture on Pinterest either. I'm not sure why that is though as it generally looks very similar to it. I'm not too concerned. I mean, as long as it tastes good, the picture isn't that big of a deal, right?


Last tip I have for this post: I generally do use the amount of ingredients as recommended, but it makes a rather large batch of sauce. What I would recommend doing is halving the sauce (after the chicken is shredded and put back into it), keeping half out for the pasta and putting the other half in a Ziplock, put a date on it, label it with "Crockpot Italian Chicken Sauce - just add noodles," and stick it in the freezer! There you have it ~ dinner for two occasions!  Easy, tasty, cheap and a set it & forget it meal. Could it get any better than that? Hope you enjoy it as much as my family does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment