Monday, January 7, 2013

Tex-Mex Style Macaroni & Cheese

Just another meatless Monday! Or...something like that. My husband and I have made it our goal to go meatless on Mondays. It's certainly a challenge, being the carnivore that I am. But, it's been a good challenge, as I have tried things I probably wouldn't have tried before. Like, Tex-Mex Style Macaroni & Cheese.

This dish comes from http://skinnyms.com/tex-mex-stylemacaroni-cheese/ and is quite tasty, indeed! The recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but we only had colby-jack cheese on hand, so that's what we used instead.

My husband actually made this dinner for us tonight as I was laid up on the couch feeling pretty awful. It may not look super tasty in the pictures, but it is really yummy.



This was actually the second time we have made this dish and I would give it a hearty 2 thumbs up. It does have a bit of a kick, so if you have a very sensitive stomach, it may not be the best choice. But, my husband, my son and myself all really liked it. Definitely worth a try!

1 comment:

  1. Needed something easy for tonight's dinner and remembered this post of yours! Got it all mixed up and ready to thow in the oven later. Can't wait to try it and see if my boys will eat it up like yours! ;) Thanks Heidi!

    ReplyDelete