Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Homemade Floor Cleaner

I would love to be able to eat off of my floors...and now I may be able to (just kidding...I'll never truly be able to do that...beyond the normal 5 second rule)! This homemade mop soap, also known as floor grease cutter cleaner, is really great. It's easy to make (taking no more time than it would to add in some pine-sol to your water) and with the added dish soap, it doesn't smell funky from the vinegar.


I was very impressed with how clean (and not sticky) it made my floors feel. I've never really thought of regular mop soap as making my floors feel sticky, but after using this - I think the store-bought stuff didn't work quite as well as this. It was great. The only down side is, I love the smell of a freshly mopped floor. It feels like when the floor is mopped, the whole house has been cleaned, just because of the lovely aroma. This does not have a strong enough fragrance to invoke that feeling. So, alas, I had to continue cleaning the rest of my house even after the mopping was done. *Sigh.*

Either way, it's great. The other benefit that I really like is you really can use this formula for pretty much all the rest of the cleaning! I used it to wash my blinds not too long ago and to wash off my counters and wipe down my bathroom. It's amazing. Really, the magic ingredients are the vinegar and baking soda but adding in a little bit of dish soap sure does help with the smell.

I do still go back and forth between this floor cleaner and my store-bought stuff, just because I do miss the smell once in a while, but overall - this is my cleaning formula of choice. Give it a try and see if you notice a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment