Friday, July 5, 2013

Roasted Garlic

The other day I posted about a really yummy roasted garlic, chicken & white herb pizza that I made and in that post I said I'd share with you how I made my roasted garlic.

This may be something that most people know already, but I was unaware, so this is for all of you who are also unaware. I didn't find this on Pinterest, but I did find it on the web. Check it out here.

Photo from Simply Recipes

I was surprised by how very easy it was to make. Cutting off the ends of the garlic cloves was probably the hardest part because they are all different in size and trying not to cut too much off of one while cutting some off of another proved a tiny bit of a challenge. It wasn't that difficult, but it was the most challenging part. I'm telling ya, if that is the hard part - making these is DEFINITELY a breeze. After it was all cut, drizzle it with olive oil, cover with foil and stick it in the oven. For more specific instructions, please refer back to the link above. I don't wanna be too redundant.


Once it's all cooked, your masterpiece is complete. All you have to do now is remove the cloves from the skin (which come out incredibly easy once it's been cooked).


Thankfully, my house didn't smell too garlic-y afterwards (I'm not a huge fan of the garlic smell), but I had some extra deliciousness for our pizza. I, obviously, didn't use all of the cloves on our pizza so I stuck the rest in a baggie and then put it in the freezer to save for another day. Hopefully that'll work out ok. Either way, these were incredibly easy to make and tasted delicious on the pizza. I've heard some people even like to eat it right out of the oven by itself...I'm not one of those people so I cannot begin to tell you if that's good or not. I will just have to trust others when they say that it is. So, next time you are needing roasted garlic, don't fret - make it yourself with very little effort.

Side note: Did you know that you can freeze fresh garlic and it lasts longer? My mom taught me that, and I know for a fact that it works, especially after being a pampered chef consultant and using garlic that wasn't fresh. My garlic (which I put in a plastic bag so it won't smell up my whole freezer) doesn't stale. So, if you are looking for a way to hold onto your garlic longer, you now know the secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment