Monday, July 29, 2013

Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats

My father-in-law's favorite treat that I make is Rice Crispy Treats. Nothing fancy, but he makes me feel like the best cook/baker in the world with how much he seems to enjoy them. It makes me smile. My husband, on the other hand, isn't a big fan of them. But I've found a compromise: Cake Batter Rice Crispy Treats!

Photo from Pinterest
It's the same rice crispy treats you've come to know and love but a little more fun with sprinkles and a little cake mix! So very quick and easy to make, it takes under 15 minutes and you're done, not counting cool-down time, but really...who cares about that??

All the ingredients you need
I don't use actual butter when I make these as my father-in-law is allergic to dairy, so we stick with margarine, making these treats dairy-free and (if you don't put in the cake mix) gluten-free as well! I generally use all but 1/8 of the bag of marshmallows to melt, but the last of the marshmallows I add when I mix in the rice crispies. I have a guilty pleasure for marshmallows, so finding not completely melted ones makes me happy. It's the little things...

Anyway, super easy, super quick, super yummy. I took these to a birthday party the other day and didn't bring any home...I'd say they were a success.


I personally prefer regular Rice Crispy treats, but I have yet to hear any complaints about these. Most people like them and my husband definitely prefers them. I'd call this a win.

No comments:

Post a Comment