Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Roasted Garlic, Chicken & White Herb Pizza

Pizza. Who doesn't love a good pizza? I do. Hawaiian is generally my favorite. Although, a good meat and tomato pizza makes me pretty happy too. Howeverl, I'm fairly certain food makes me happy. Oh, how I love to eat. Anyway, back to pizza. I made homemade pizza the other night, and I think it turned out really tasty! To see the recipe, check out the link here.

Photo from Pinterest

I made my own crust thanks to my Betty Crocker cookbook. I don't know that there is a better crust than that one, honestly. It's easy to make and quick - I'd highly recommend it. I also roasted my own garlic which I had never done! I feel so domestic. Go me! I'll post about my results and how I made my own roasted garlic sometime soon, but for now I'm gonna focus on the pizza. While my garlic was roasting, I took a boneless, skinless chicken breast and boiled it for 20 minutes and then shred it. 

After I minced my garlic, I went about following the recipe. I didn't have any skim milk or half and half, so I used what I did have: 1% milk. It worked wonderfully. And, because I didn't use half and half, it may actually have been a bit healthier - but I'm not really sure. Anyway, it worked out wonderfully for us and still tasted terrific. 

Mmmm...garlic and butter...boy, did my house smell.

After the milk was added and had started to thicken
After I had my sauce, cheeses, onions and chicken all prepared I began to put all the yumminess on the crust (which, honestly, was double the size of what a regular crust should've been because I made too much and didn't want to throw it out...but Sicilian Pan Crust-ish crust is good, right??)

I forgot to take a picture after I had all the toppings applied until after I had it in the oven, but better late than never, I suppose. 


It was already starting to get gooey from the cheese. Oh, yum! After I pulled it out of the oven, I used the dried herbs that I had (unfortunately, I didn't have any fresh herbs on hand as the recipe recommends) and the masterpiece was complete. 


Add a little bit of salad on the side and this dinner was delicious!! I'm not a fan of onions, and honestly not a huge fan of garlic either, but this combination was really tasty. My husband and my son both really liked it as well...although my husband did say with a slightly thinner crust it may be a little better. We had A BUNCH of leftover pizza that we shared with some friends down the street and still had some for lunch the next day. By the way, it reheats quite nicely as well. Yeah...this was definitely a good recipe!

I'd recommend making this for sure. Although, make sure you allow yourself about an hour or so to make it. It's not all busy work the whole time, and it probably wouldn't take that long if you don't make your own crust, but it does take some work. I will make it again. It was definitely worth it. Oh so good!


No comments:

Post a Comment