Whenever I've heard of cleaning mold, you do it with bleach, which wouldn't have gone over well since I couldn't be ingesting those kinds of fumes with my little baby bump, but I read something different on Pinterest and decided to give it a try: vinegar. Straight, undiluted vinegar. Who knew? Anyway, to read more about how to clean mold and why vinegar is a better option than bleach, check out this blog.
I decided to give it a go and was quite impressed with the results! Here are some nasty before photos.
|Sprayed and ready to be cleaned|
I am amazing and so grateful at how well this worked! Especially because otherwise hubby would've been stuck cleaning the inside AND the outside of the trailer on his own. So thankful for safe alternatives!
I think I will need to have a second go at the bathroom as the mold in there was pretty awful.
|Ewww! Even more mold!|
Our trailer certainly had that nasty vinegar smell for a little while, but not too long with all the windows open. Besides, I certainly think it smelt better than if we had used bleach. I'm excited with the results and how easy it was to get rid of the mold. Yes, there's still a few spots - but it's way better and I bet after another go, it'll be as good as new...well, as new as a 1986 RV can be. :) Anyway, I'd highly recommend this. Give it a try if you have the need and be amazed at the miracle-liquid known as vinegar. Seriously, is there anything it can't do??