Friday, June 28, 2013

Cheap and Easy Stamped Coasters

It's been a while since I've posted about something crafty that isn't concerning the upcoming arrival of my baby girl. It's also been a while since I've posted about something regarding cleaning. But, because I don't feel like cleaning at the moment - crafting wins. YAY!

I found this lovely, elegant-looking coaster idea on Pinterest last year and I gave it a try - it is just as easy as the blog suggests! To check out the blog that gives you more specific instructions, go here. And while you are there, you may want to explore the blog more - there are some great ideas on there! Lots of fun stuff. I'm looking forward to looking at it further.

Photo from Pinterest

Aren't these so pretty?? I made some for my mom recently and they were a hit. To get all the supplies to make these, I think I spent under $15 - stamps, ink, corking for the back of the coasters, tiles & and paste finishing wax all included in that. And, I had more tiles than the set of four I was planning to make for my mom, so I was able to make two sets for that price! This is a great idea for an inexpensive, nice gift for someone you care about...or someone you don't...I'm not judging you.

Anyway, this was such a simple project and all of the pictures on how to make it are already in the blog linked above, so I'll just show you the end result I ended up with.



I actually couldn't find the pictures of the coasters I made for my mom, but these are some that I made for a friend of mine. The only thing you need to be careful of is that you make sure your ink is all even on the stamp - otherwise you end up with a bold letter (or whatever design you are using) and others that are more...muted. I bought the stamps that are called "cling stamps" - so they stick to acrylic blocks and can be changed out easily. I did have to get an acrylic block too, but that was also very cheap and having tried it both ways (with and without the acrylic block) - I'd highly recommend getting the acrylic block and buying the cling stamps. They come in a nice variety pack for very little cost. I was able to get the whole alphabet in my set. WOOHOO!

Anyway, those are my little tips for this project. This is such a fun one to make. And to all my lovely friends out there: If you do end up receiving these as a gift from me sometime - don't think it's because it was inexpensive and easy to make - it's because I think you are a class act and deserve something classy, also homemade is always better than store-bought! Plus...inexpensive & easy to make are an added bonus. :)

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment