Thursday, March 6, 2014

Sally's Meatloaf

A staple at our house is meatloaf. Which is funny, because growing up, I didn't care for meatloaf. Mainly because of the name. Meatloaf. It just sounds...gross. A loaf of meat? No thanks. However, now that I am an adult, I realize that a loaf of meat may be what it is, but combined with other good food (and only a slice at a time of that loaf), it's really pretty tasty.

My husband's stepmom used to make an incredibly tasty meatloaf. My husband loved it and asked me multiple times to get the recipe from her. Thankfully, I did, and I have to agree - it is quite tasty, and very simple to make also.

Here is all you need:
1 egg
1 pound of hamburger
1 box of stuffing mix
Tomato Sauce (I use 2 cans, divided)

I generally double this amount and make one for the freezer to use at a later date as well.



1) Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
2) Spray your loaf pan with pam - I use olive oil pam.
3) Mix all of the ingredients together (about 1.5 cans of the tomato sauce) - no matter the order.

I find it's easiest to just take off my rings and use my hands. It seems to work far better than trying to stir it up any other way.

4) After it's all mixed together, press it into the loaf pan


5) Pour remaining tomato sauce on top of meatloaf - or you could put ketchup on the top.


6) Place in the oven, uncovered for 1 hour.


Pictures do not do it justice. It actually is very tasty. My husband likes to make meatloaf sandwiches with the leftover. I generally make mashed potatoes and veggies to go with this dish. I love how quick and easy it is to make this, the thing that takes a while is the actual baking time, but otherwise, this is really pretty fast. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my husband and I do. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment