Monday, September 9, 2013

Zucchini Pizza Boats


It's time, once again, for another meatless Monday! As I mentioned in a recent blog post, I have come into a great wealth of zucchini. Tis the season, right? Anyway, I saw this recipe for Zucchini Pizza Boats on Pinterest a while back and have been anticipating giving it a try, and so I did! To see the recipe, check out this link.

Photo from Pinterest
These were incredibly easy to make and the taste was...well...it was summer. It was delightful and light and summery. The recipe only mostly explained how to make this (you know, kinda like in The Princess Bride when Wesley was only MOSTLY dead...he was still alive, after all...maybe I just wanted to reference The Princess Bride and the two really have nothing in common but the word "mostly"...awe well....), so I will tell you the adjustment I made. The recipe says to mix the garlic & the salt and pepper, but it never does have you apply it to the zucchini. What I ended up doing was mixing the tomatoes in with the garlic, salt & pepper mixture. This seemed to work out very nicely. 

Farm fresh tomatoes with farm fresh garlic...mmmm
My zucchinis were rather large, so I gutted them of the seeds and then filled them with the ingredients. 



I ran out of mozzarella cheese, so some of our zucchini boats had colby-jack cheese instead. They still tasted pretty good, but I preferred the mozzarella cheese. 


Oh heavens, these were good. Very tasty, very refreshing. My husband says he'd prefer them as a side dish (this was our main dish), but he agreed that they were very good. I, on the other hand, devoured mine and the only thing I was left wanting, besides more, was maybe something a little hardier. (Spoken like a true American, right?) Anyway, will I be making these again? Most definitely. Was this a Pinterest fail? Not even a little. 

No comments:

Post a Comment