Monday, May 12, 2014

Snickerdoodle Apple Crisp

Doesn't the title alone make you salivate, or is it just me? You may recall my older post where I made healthy chocolate peanut butter cups as a dessert for some friends. Well, I tried this one as well for our dinner date. And this was amazing! Seriously. I loved it. I was a little worried that it would be too rich and sweet, but it wasn't. At least not to me. Snickerdoodle Apple Crisp. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

Photo from Pinterest

This was so easy to make too. Cade helped a little. Don't worry, he didn't actually put any heaping spoonfuls into the bowl, this was just the "stirring spoon" he wanted to use.


After the snickerdoodle batter (which for some reason my computer auto-corrected to "snicker doodle bawler...") was prepared, we stuck it in the fridge and started working on preparing our apples.I have a fancy apple peeler and corer that we used. This was a perfect chore for my little man. I used a whole prepackaged bag of Granny Smith apples from Winco for this part.


We got the ingredients all mixed together and had these delightfully tasty-looking apples. 


Then, we pulled out the snickerdoodle dough and rolled the dough. Cade rolled it in the cinnamon-sugar combo, I flattened them and we put them in the dish. 


The end result didn't look quite as tasty as the image from the blog listed above, but I think that is partly because I baked it too long. So, take note: the cookie part of this dish should have very little brown when you take it out. The sides got a little too dark and it was a little crunchier than I would've liked, but it still turned out alright.


We put whipped cream on top, and the whole dish was devoured before we left the party. My son wasn't crazy about it, however he really liked the whipped cream. My friend's son didn't really like it either (I know this because of the "Um...this is pretty gross..." statement.) But, the adults in the room all loved it...or so they say. Well, I loved it, even if they didn't. I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one that loved it though. Hmm...maybe I'll just have to try making it again just to be sure. *snicker* :)



No comments:

Post a Comment