Friday, May 16, 2014

Paleo Fried Cube Steak

I'm trying. I'm really trying. Eating healthy and just things that are real foods; not the processed stuff. In my efforts, I've discovered that quite frequently the paleo diet is helping me with this. A while back, my husband and I bought a 1/4 of a cow and because of this, I've had the opportunity to experiment with cuts of meat that I wouldn't normally try - cow tongue anyone? Actually, I think we gave the tongue away. I just couldn't bring myself to making it. Anyhow, we had some cube steak just sitting in our freezer waiting to be used and I finally got around to it. Thankfully, I found this recipe for paleo cube steak that wasn't too complicated and was quite tasty.

Photo from Pinterest
The recipe recommends using seasonings of your choice. I used all of the seasonings that she recommended in her blog. I'm not creative or daring enough to try something different. I added the olive oil and stirred it all up until it was the consistency of breadcrumbs.


Then I put my cube steak in the mix and laid it in the hot pan.
 Flipping the steak over wasn't super easy. The mixture actually stuck to the pan quite a bit as I tried to flip the meat. But, it still worked out fairly well.


For our whole dinner, I added fresh ingredient crescent rolls and steamed asparagus and carrots. This dinner was satisfying, if unattractive. It was quick and tasty and I'd recommend it for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment