Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Paleo Shamrock Chocolate Shake

So...St. Patty's Day is over. Like, a month ago nearly to the day. But, I just tried to make myself a shamrock shake. Why not? I am not confined to the calendar and neither is my blog. Unless you just read my hardboiled egg post where I waited an entire year to post about it so that it would be near Easter. But, either way, I'm still not gonna let the calendar confine me with this Paleo Shamrock Shake!


I decided to do a little twist to this recipe and added in chocolate chips. However, I added chocolate chips that are dairy, soy and nut free (called Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips) so that this would stay a paleo recipe. 

Yum, yum! 
 My son (who generally loves smoothies) didn't care for it and I had both my mom and husband taste it without knowing what it was. Neither of them really cared for it. My mom, after she tasted it, said "Hmmm...grass...and...mint...and...chocolate??" Ok...that doesn't sound very good. And, honestly, after she said that, I understood. It wasn't super great. It wasn't bad but it did taste very...green. I drank the whole thing anyway, because it was healthy and didn't taste awful. 

The color was not very shamrock-y either, probably because of all of the chocolate chips I added. But, that's ok. I think the chocolate helped. :)


Anyway, there you have it. A yummy-ish chocolate and mint shake and paleo! Woohoo! Happy post St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment