Monday, April 14, 2014

Milkies Milk-Saver

WARNING: THIS POST IS BEST TO AVOID UNLESS YOU ARE OR WILL BE A BREASTFEEDING MAMA! SERIOUSLY, YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO TMI IF YOU PROCEED!!!

Ok, now that that's out of the way...I saw a pin on Pinterest before I was pregnant with my daughter for Milkies Milk-Saver. I pinned it and hoped that I would remember it later when I had my little one. Thankfully, I did! 

This is a semi-Pinterest test, and a bit of a product review. Because I was interested in it after seeing it on Pinterest, it makes this a Pinterest test. And, because I didn't understand it much, I thought I'd tell you a little about it just in case you might be interested in knowing as well...


Based on this picture, I imagined this would be something that was kind of like taped on to your breast and a bit of a challenge to get off - but it really wasn't too bad at all. Here is what it looks like off of a person.


So, it's a hard piece of plastic that you stick in your bra while you are nursing on the other side and when your milk lets down, this will catch what is coming out on the non-nursing side. It comes with that little egg-shaped carrying case, though I'm not sure the point of it (past using it to hold the milk-saver upright), since you will want to store the milk right away. 

Anyway, it's easy to put on and take off (especially if you have an underwire-free bra on), totally pain free and really does catch the liquid gold. 


To give you an idea of how much milk that actually is, that filled up to 1.5 ounces in a bag. It's not a lot, but it's kinda nice to know that I didn't have to do anything but put it on.

If you have a nice amount of letdown, this is good thing to use. If you don't, it's not worth the price.  I, thankfully, was able to get it for a very cheap price thanks to a website called www.steals.com. Steals.com has deals twice a day (8am and 8pm), things for babies, mamas, crafting and kids. It's definitely worth checking out. In all honestly, I've only used the Milk-Saver once. It was really cool, but for me, it's easier to not use it, because I rarely nurse in the same spot, and I don't wanna go looking for it every time. However, if you have a designated nursing spot - this could be a really neat way to save some of your milk.

So, there you have it. My review of the Milkies Milk-Saver. Linked above, is the product on Amazon. It's cheaper to buy through Amazon then through the website directly. And, for a little bit of added humor, here you go. You know what I'm talkin' about, mamas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment