Thursday, April 24, 2014

Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadilla

Sometimes the gloomy weather gets you down and you just want a taste of paradise or what I can only assume paradise would taste like. Grilled Chicken & Pineapple Quesadilla for the win!

Photo from Pinterest
These are fairly simple to make and very tasty. I didn't have any monterey jack cheese, so I used a combination of colby jack and mozzarella. I have made this once before, but I used monterey jack cheese, and both my husband and I liked it better this time. I'm assuming it's because of the cheese - but I'm not certain.

I already had cut up pineapple into bits, so I didn't put them on a skewer - just flipped them with a spatula on the grill.


Grilled pineapple is so tasty. Just look at the golden brown color they were turning and, by the way, it smells lovely as well.

After the pineapple was grilled, I put it to the side and grilled the chicken. I seasoned my chicken with salt and pepper. They didn't seem to need anything else...well, at least not once the BBQ sauce was on them.


After it had grilled for a while, I added a honey BBQ sauce to the meat. You can almost smell the goodness from this picture. Oh yum.


I didn't have any cilantro, but it wasn't necessary and it didn't seem to effect the flavor too much. I warmed up my tortillas and then layered the ingredients as described in the link above. This meal was filling, delicious, satisfying and brought a little bit of summer to our table. I'd highly recommend this yummy twist on a classic quesadilla.




No comments:

Post a Comment