Monday, April 29, 2013

Pasta With Fresh Tomato Sauce

We had another meatless Monday - with great success. Tonight's recipe comes from Martha Stewart, but to stay true to my blog - I discovered it through Pinterest. This, my friends, this recipe is a keeper. Oh so yummy. To see the recipe, check out Miss Martha's blog here.

Photo from Pinterest
Doesn't that look divine? Ok, so mine doesn't look anything like that...but it tasted REALLY good. Since I have my fancy blender (and, let's face it - I was feeling too lazy to cut anything on my own) and the recipe says you can put the ingredients into the blender on pulse, I did that instead. I had more of a sauce than what the picture seems to show, but it worked.

I also didn't have any plumb tomatoes, so I improvised and used the cherry tomatoes that I had. Plum tomatoes seem to be rather sweet anyway, so I figured that'd work ok, and I'd say it did. I also didn't have fresh parsley, so I used the dried stuff I had, that also worked just fine. We also used whole wheat spaghetti instead of regular which made me feel good - you know, ultra healthy and all...*snicker*

Ready to pulse it!

See, mine looks like an actual sauce. 
This was a refreshing, summery, light dinner. We had some fruit with it and would've had veggies if I had been on top of my game and purchased some ahead of time to make. But, alas, it was just a fruit and pasta (carbo-load) kinda night, I suppose.

Ok, it doesn't look nearly as appetizing, but it truly was

I would highly recommend this recipe. It doesn't look as good after being pulsed in the blender, but it was definitely tasty and you should give it a try...you know, if you want to.


No comments:

Post a Comment