Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Soft Monster Cookies

Oh how I love cookies. Well, in all honesty, I love most food - especially dessert. A few weeks ago, it was my turn to bring dessert to my home group Bible Study. So, I decided to try a new recipe I found on Pinterest (of course).

To see how to make this recipe, check out this blog.

Photo from Pinterest 
These cookies boasted a statement that I read on Pinterest as being "...soft, super peanut buttery and studded with chocolate chips, M & M's and peanut butter chips. These are my new fave." I expected pretty much nothing but amazingness out of these little beauties.


The blog post recommends smashing the cookies down as they don't spread at all, so I did a little test - as you can see, half of the cookies I put on the cookie sheet I flattened and half I didn't. 


Obviously, the blog post was correct - they really don't spread much. This is a picture from after the cookies were taken out of the oven. After this batch, I tried smashing the cookies down with a fork, as you would do with normal peanut butter cookies, but the dough just got stuck in between the prongs, so that didn't work as well as I would've liked. I, personally, don't think the smashed-down-cookie look appears to be all that appetizing.

As the blogger had done, I made a double batch of these cookies and oh-mama did I have too many cookies! But, that's ok. It's always better to have too much than not enough, I suppose.

A friend of mine had one of these cookies before I brought them to home group to make sure that they were good enough to share (since my tummy hasn't been liking me much, I needed someone else's opinion). She (and my husband) both felt that the cookies were ok but left you feeling very parched.

If you make these cookies, be ready to have a tall glass of milk (or the beverage of your choice) available, otherwise you may not receive the full enjoyment these cookies have to offer.

I don't know that I'll be making these cookies again. I have other peanut butter cookie recipes that I could probably add ingredients to that may be better than these - but they were still worth a trial and they weren't a disaster. And, from what I heard, the folks in our home group seemed to enjoy them as well...or so they said... hehe.

Still...a cookie is a cookie - as long as there are no nuts or raisins. So, I'd say these turned out a-ok.


No comments:

Post a Comment