Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Softest Ever Bread Machine Bread

I need to go to the grocery store. I've needed to for about a week. But, we've been in full potty-training mode, which means I want to be near a bathroom at all times so we don't end up with any accidents. Due to our lack of going to the store, we are out of some of the basics, including bread for sandwiches. My son loves peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Thankfully, my bread machine is really super easy to use and I was able to make some fantastic bread with ingredients I already had on-hand. Granted, this is not the healthiest of recipes, but I needed to go with ingredients that I already had and anything with the title "Softest Ever Bread..." makes me want to give it a try.

Photo from Pinterest
In my bread maker, I combined the yeast, sugar and water and let it set. Here is a picture of the foamed-up yeast mixture.


Following the foaming yeast, I added in the rest of the needed ingredients.


After all of the ingredients had been added, I pressed start on my bread maker and then I sat back and watched as the magic happened. This is the only picture of the "magic" happening as I wasn't interested in watching the magic happen that much...if I did, I wouldn't have used my bread maker.


I'd highly recommend investing in a bread maker if you don't have one, but be sure to read the instructions as every bread maker works a little differently. But, it's wonderful! As soon as the bread was done, I took it out of the bread maker and set it out to cool.


The bread was crumbly, but still moist, soft and flavorful. If you are looking for a healthy recipe, this might not be the best for that, but it worked in a pinch and made for a tasty, albeit rich, sandwich.


So, there you have it. A tasty, quick and soft bread. This was definitely a Pinterest win.

No comments:

Post a Comment