Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Disney Pumpkin Carving

I'm not a big fan of Halloween, but I am a huge fan of fall. I love the smells, the colors, the atmosphere, the crispness in the air and the pumpkin patches. I love going to the pumpkin patch and enjoying the last bit of sunshine that we will probably have for a while. This year was no exception. 



This year, we went to Fordyce Farms in Salem, Oregon. They have a pony to ride, animals to check out, a hay maze & corn maze, a hay fort and all you have to pay for is your pumpkins and the corn maze! It's a great deal. We picked out our pumpkins, went through the corn maze, climbed a hay fort and then drove home and went to town carving the pumpkins. There were a few different pins on Pinterest for great pumpkin carving designs, but most of them you had to register for a site or the pin just took you to a website with pictures of lots of really cool pumpkins that just makes your pumpkin carving abilities feel less than adequate. But, I did find one site! To check it out, go here.

Photo from Pinterest
This site does make you register, if you actually want to see the whole image, but I was ok with the amount of image I had to make it work. I see no reason to register for a site that I may or may not use only once a year. I ended up making the lovely Cinderella image that you see above. 


My son had some fun creating his own artwork on my Cinderella template. Oh-so pretty. As you may be able to see, I did finish off the top of her hair by free-handing it. Thankfully, her hair wasn't too complicated. 


Here it is all completed. It'll look neater seeing it at night lit up, but I haven't gotten that far yet, so this is the picture I have. 

My husband and son made the alien from Toy Story and Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc. Those templates were complete and easy to follow and I would recommend the site where my husband got those templates over the one listed above. It's through one of my favorite Disney addict websites that I like to visit: Chip & Co. The actual link to the pumpkin carving templates is here


And for your viewing pleasure, here are a few more shots from our trip to the pumpkin patch. 



And lastly, here is a photo from our maternity picture shoot that we did when we got home from the pumpkin patch. 


Happy Carving!

No comments:

Post a Comment