Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Crock Pot BBQ Beef Brisket


I've never made beef brisket. It seems odd as I believe it's a staple in America. Although, since I've never made it and have rarely eaten it, maybe I'm incorrect in my thinking? Either way, I had the challenge of making something with the beef brisket cut that we received from our 1/4 of a cow that we purchased. Plus, as I've attempted to have dinner ready before my husband gets home from work, I have been totally loving my crock pot. So, BBQ Beef Brisket in the crockpot? It's an amazing marriage. 


I took the lazy way out and used store-bought BBQ sauce. If I had had the ingredients, I totally would've made the recipe that the country cook had provided. Maybe next time. 

Going into the crockpot, this looked kinda disgusting. So, if you want to see a picture, keep in mind, it's not pretty. If you don't want to see the picture, just keep on scrolling...

Mmmm...raw meat.
BBQ Sauce-covered raw meat...tasty.
I cooked the meat on high for 1 hour and then reduced the heat to low for the rest of the day. I would recommend not going over the time recommended in the blog as it can dry out the meat. Thankfully, the BBQ sauce took away some of the dryness. 


To go with this dinner, I made veggies and potatoes and it was wonderful. And, it made enough for us to have leftovers. However, as a leftover - you wanna have a side ready to go...like a baked potato or something just as delicious. Yeah, I think I'd make this BBQ Beef Brisket again. It's a good'n, ya'll. 

1 comment: