Thursday, November 21, 2013

Maternity Necklace

I don't normally blog advertisements, per se, but I am just too excited about this and I did find out about it on Pinterest. So, I'm counting it as a Pinterest test.

Since being pregnant, I've gone through the normal happenings of a pregnant lady: swollen hands, swollen belly, swollen feet. Most of the time, these things don't phase me all that much. But, my hands have become so swollen that Im not able to wear my wedding ring and I don't like that. Thankfully, I discovered something I had never seen before. A Maternity Necklace! You can wear your ring around your neck. It's not really that novel of an idea, I mean, really, put a chain around your neck and slip your ring on it, but I didn't have a chain and I just didn't want to do it that way. Until I saw this terrific idea on Pinterest.

Necklace can be purchased by going here
I fell in love with this idea! It just looks classy and pretty and yeah...I just really liked it. Unfortunately, I found this at the end of my pregnancy and it seemed silly to buy it at this point. Especially because it was over $100!! Yeah...too much for me. Although, I can think of other rings I would use for it after my wedding ring would fit back on my pudgy fingers. Like, putting one of my dad's rings on there. Since he passed away, I've had a few things of his and would love to wear them from time to time, but mostly can't find a way to do that. This would make that possible. Oh well...$100 plus was just not what I was willing to pay right now.

However, I did some more searching on Etsy and I found another necklace, one I liked even better that was less than half the cost of the necklace above (including shipping!!). So, I got it!

To check out this necklace, go here
Because I am so very near my due date, I asked for the necklace to be shipped with expedited shipping. The merchant was so gracious! She didn't even charge me extra for it. Awesome!! It came in the mail a few days later. The width of my wedding band was just a little wide, so it was a bit difficult to get the clasps fastened, but I did it, and I love it.

I've gotten lots of compliments on it and it is very lightweight. I won't be able to put my dad's ring on it, but I am certain I can find another use for it. Maybe even just clasping the hearts together. I would recommend, if this is the one you are going to get, measure your ring and be sure it will fit in the clasps. That would be my one warning. Otherwise, yes. This. This is terrific.




No comments:

Post a Comment