Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Ice Cream Bread

I love carbs. I love bread. I love ice cream. Ice cream bread doesn't sound like there could be anything bad about that, right?? I found it on Pinterest, of course, and couldn't wait to give it a try.

To check out the recipe, go here.


Oh my, how excited was I to try this recipe!! I didn't have any chocolate ice cream, so I went with what I did have: chocolate chip cookie dough.

I followed the recipe as written, mixing the ice cream and the self-rising flour until it was well-mixed and then popping it in the oven. Easiest recipe ever.


It still looks pretty dry, but I think that's more just the picture. I mixed the daylights out of that dough.


After it went into the oven, I waited with baited breath for a taste of this delicious bread. It came out of the oven and I waited just a few more minutes for a taste. Unfortunately...it really didn't look all that good. Again, it doesn't look like I mixed it well enough, but I don't know what more I could've done. It was just very dry.


Even more unfortunate: it didn't taste all that good. I had a friend over and she tried a piece (daring soul) as well, she thought it tasted a bit dry but that it would be really good with coffee. I actually tried this test many, many months ago and had planned on trying it again before blogging about it. I didn't want to give up on it, but I have yet to do that, so I'm posting about it. I wouldn't say this is a "loser" recipe...but it's not the moist, lovely consistency I was hoping for. The biggest reason I haven't tried it again is for fear that I will waste, yet again, 2 cups of delectable ice cream. I'm just not sure I'm willing to make that sacrifice. Someday I will. And I'm sure when I do, the bread will be perfect. This was probably a fluke. But, until that happens, I'm gonna have to call this a Pinterest fail.

3 comments:

  1. I made it with monster cookie ice cream and because it looked dry I mixed in another almost cup of ice cream and it turned out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the chocolate ice cream is moister than the cookie dough?? If it had chunks of cookie dough maybe that would dry it up too? Don't really k ow just gueaso g

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the advice! I will give both of those suggestions a try. :)

    ReplyDelete