Thursday, August 14, 2014

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies

Much to my delight and happy heart, my family - siblings, mom, nieces, nephews, and of course my husband and children, went camping. It was a glorious weekend filled with fun and food and games and rest and more food. Oh yeah, that's my kind of vacation! I love to eat. Have I said that before? I'm pretty sure I say it an atrocious amount of times. 

Anyway, my job was to bring cookies and veggies. Veggies were simple - just cut them up, bag them and keep them refrigerated. Cookies, on the other hand, was just a bit more challenging. Although, more just by my own volition. My brother is allergic to eggs. My go-to cookie is the best homemade cookie in the world: the chocolate chip cookie. However, it has eggs in it. And, although my brother will take one for the team and eat them with eggs and sacrifice himself getting sick (yes, he could just not eat them, but that makes far too much sense) :), I decided not to put him through that rough decision and instead tried making these, eggless chocolate chip cookies. 
Photo from Pinterest

The recipe was very simple. I did not take any pictures of the process as the blog linked above is a great picture tutorial as well as being easy to follow. I did not have a problem with my cookies being dome shaped as some seem to have had from the comments in the blog. And, because I like shortcuts and am a wee bit lazy at times, I tried not rolling the dough into a ball and rolling it, as suggested in the blog.  The cookie on the top was not rolled, the cookie on the bottom was rolled. The only difference is that it doesn't look as even...so, not as pretty.

These were very good cookies. They aren't as good as egged chocolate chip cookies - but they were still decent. The biggest problem I had with them is that they don't travel well. Before the end of our weekend camping trip, they were all crumbled into a million pieces in the ziplock baggie. However, as I type that, I'm realizing that could also be because they were in a ziplock baggie....

Anyway, they turned out alright, but certainly weren't the best. But, my mom, who for many, many years has been on the search for a good eggless chocolate chip cookie recipe for my brother said these were the best she had ever had. So, there's that. If you need eggless, give them a try. I don't think you'll be sorry. :)

And with that, here are some pictures from our campout.

While we were there, we celebrated my mom's birthday - and I made all of the siblings (and mom) matching shirts. Because I'm dorky like that.
My son swinging
Elsie's first experience on a swing. She loved it. And her brother and cousins were begging to push her. This would be a good photo to caption "look out future boyfriends - this girl's got bodyguards..." :)

Before we left we went on a lovely hike and enjoyed the cool morning and the beautiful Santiam river. So much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment