Saturday, December 1, 2012

The Spouse Christmas Countdown!

Last year, I worked on The Spouse Christmas Countdown Advent Calendar from http://www.thedatingdivas.com/tara/the-spouse-christmas-countdown/. It was a fun little project that  took me about 4-6 hours(ish) to complete start to finish. I worked on it over the course of a few days. The best thing to do is find a friend who would like to do it with you! That's what I did, and we had a blast.

Between my friend, Christina, and myself - we made 50 cards (obviously) and had them all a standard size to simplify it. We went with 4x6. Basically, we treated it like we were making a normal card, with a decorative back. I do not believe I'm much of an artsy person without VERY specific instructions, so this was a bit of a challenge to me to be creative. And, I was quite impressed with myself! Once got all the cards made, we laid them out on a table and each took 25. This is what they all looked like laid out:


After we picked our cards, our work together was done. I went home and cut out numbers using red cardstock on my Silhouette Cameo. I used a sticker maker to stick the numbers on the cards (although glue would've worked fine too.) After that, all I had left was writing out the messages on the back! The dating divas' blog recommends that you do 2/3 compliments, 1/3 services and a half of a 1/3 for Christmas activities. That came out to 14 compliments, 7 services and 4 activities. Christina and I wrote that out and shared some of them with each other so the brainstorming wasn't as difficult either. :) I decided to type out my messages because would it be fun to do this again a different  year? And how much more fun would it be if you could change up the messages and NOT remake the cards?! YEAH!! That's my kind of project!! So, I typed them up, cut them out and taped them either just to the back of the card, or onto card stock and THEN cut them out. After that, all that was left was hanging the beautiful work that I'd done! And, here it is!


It was such a nice surprise for my husband to wake up and see on December 1st! Granted, he knew it was coming - I can't keep a surprise to myself when it comes to him. But, he doesn't know what's on the cards!! He'll get to discover that each day. 

Anyway, this was a fun project. I would recommend it, if you are the creative type or (like me) have a friend who is. :) It's a nice way to bless your spouse (or anybody that you want to make it for, for that matter). 

Yay or Nay for me on this project? Yay, indeed! It was a fun one and I love to spoil my husband! For more details on how to make this project (and even simplify it with a standard card you could use) go to the blog above! 

Until next time....

3 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! You are so talented! Thanks for Sharing!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Heidi! Wish I read it before Dec so I could have accomplished this. Definetely going to do this next year. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have found that this site is very informative, interesting and very well written. keep up the nice high quality writing Dyson Wash & Dry

    ReplyDelete