Thursday, May 16, 2013

Blueberry Banana Bread

Back in the day, when I worked as a receptionist at an engineering firm, there was a guy who would bring in some of the most amazing banana blueberry bread I had ever eaten made by his wife. I had asked for the recipes, but she was obviously a natural in the kitchen and would say she just kinda "threw it together." Those kind of people amaze me. I've never been that person - maybe someday I will, but I'm not there yet!

Anyway, since that time - well over 6 years ago - I have been on a quest to find a recipe similar to hers and I think I finally have!! To check out the recipe, go to this blog.


I made this recipe the other day for my MOPS steering team (aka leadership team) and I have to say, I think it turned out pretty good. I wasn't able to attend the meeting because of a sick child, but I'm assuming everybody there liked them too.

Either way, I do plan on making this recipe again - it didn't take long and my-oh-my was it tasty!

"Folding in" the blueberries
Instead of baking it in two loaf pans, I did as my co-worker's wife had done and I enjoyed so much, and I made it in a bundt pan (yes, I am certain the bundt pan played a role in the tastiness of her bread). At least, I think that's what those lumpy cake pans are called.



Because of using a different pan, I wasn't sure how much the baking time would differ, but it didn't really differ much - I think I may have had it in the oven for 50 minutes rather than the whole hour, but I recommend just checking it every once in a while.

Although it didn't turn out to look much like the picture from Pinterest, I think it turned out looking pretty and was very tasty. I definitely will be making this recipe again!




No comments:

Post a Comment