Saturday, March 2, 2013

Freezing Cookie Dough

So...I'm cheating a little bit today; I'm not doing a Pinterest test. Instead, I'm going to blog about a great little tip that I use and love.

I love homemade cookies. Chocolate chip cookies are almost always my go-to recipe. Quick, easy and so tasty. But, it seems like I always have too many or not enough cookies or I don't have them when I really want them and I am feeling too lazy to make them. The solution: When I am in the mood to make cookies, I always make a double batch. And freeze about 3/4 of it.

The other nice thing about this is, I don't have to prepare them all for the freezer at the same time. If I get busy, I just do a roll of dough at a time and put the rest of the dough back in the fridge until I'm ready to finish it up.


I generally double wrap my cookie dough rolls to make sure they don't suffer from freezer burn; the first layer of plastic wrap being horizontal and the second layer being diagonal, that way you also don't end up with any exposed sections of cookie dough.


 The result: when I have that desire for a warm, soft chocolate chip cookie, I don't have to do anything more than take out one (or more) of my frozen dough rolls, let it thaw for about 10 minutes, cut it up and bake. It usually fills up one cookie sheet and that is just enough for the 2-3 of us that would be enjoying them for the evening.


I would so highly recommend this. It's wonderful and a great way to keep yourself...er...me, from being a glutton due to my lack of control. Such a nice little treat whenever you have the desire.

I suppose, writing the date on the cookie dough would be a good idea as well, but I never seem to have them in the freezer longer than about 4 months and they've always come out just perfect.

Hopefully this will be helpful to some of you and you will now enjoy the benefits of your own frozen homemade cookie dough!


No comments:

Post a Comment